Wednesday, May 10, 2006

They're here!

When I went to pick up my mail last night, this was in my box:


No, not the letter from the local IRS. That's just routine paperwork, no biggie. No, the handwritten note scribbled on it -- "There's a package from overseas in the mail room." (We live in a wonderfully formal town.) Could this be my socks?

I had to wait until this morning to get at them, but yes--they're here!

Just look at these beauties

Didn't my sockpal Kristin do a great job? I have got to find myself a copy of this braided stitch.

They're made from Cherry Tree Hill superwash, and they are so comfortable, it's like slipping my feet into melted butter, only not greasy.

But I wonder how the matches for sockapaloozas are made. First I get socked by Jackie from Kansas, now from Kansas City. Next time, will it ba Kansas again, or will the random matching process get me another City person?

I immediately took the socks out to get acquainted with their new hometown.

I think they know they're not in Kansas, or any City, not even one in Missouri.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you got them. Do they fit? I hope they fit.

This is the fascine braid stitch:
Row 1: K6, P2 all the way around
Row 2: Slip 1, K1, YO, then pull the S1 over the K1 and YO. Do this two more times, then P2. Repeat all the way around.
Row 3: K6, P2 all the way around
Row 4: K1, Slip 1, K1, YO. Pull the Slip 1 over the K1 and YO. Do this one more time, then K1. P2. Repeat all the way around.