Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bang, bang blahs

I think I almost managed to shock The Youngest Teen and ManBoy. (That's what we're going to call the 22 year old ben bayit turned suitor. Army service notwithstanding, and despite his chronological age, he's still a boy.)

I was on the phone with my BFF (since 3rd grade. She's also The Spouse's first cousin's daughter. We have complicated lives) and we got to talking about driving through Arab towns at night. I told her that on Monday, driving back from Efrat, we had picked up trampistim (hitchhikers) at the local border crossing and were driving home through our local Arab town when we were shot at. We all looked at each other.

"They're shooting at us?"

Another shot, accompanied by a flash of light.

"Guess so."

"Don't think we were hit."

The Spouse hasn't changed his driving one mph the whole time, and we just continue along the road, letting off passengers at their requested drop off points. We get home, look the car over for damage (that reminds me--it was dark out. I guess we should check it over when it's light, too) and came inside. End of story, never told outside the car.

When I got off the phone, Youngest Teen and ManBoy are staring at me.

"You were shot at?"

"Yeah."

"And?"

"Nothing."

"Oh. OK. Hey, can we open the Bamba?" (Like I said, ManBoy's still a boy.)

Takes a lot to shock the monkeys nowadays.

3 comments:

amysue said...

Hey!I've got my mother 75% convinced to go to Israel with me next year and am just grateful she doesn't read blogs. And I'm glad whoever was shooting had poor aim...Take care.

Anonymous said...

Oy! I don't think I like the sound of that...was that in the Shomron area? Can't these crazy people spend their money on food instead of bullets!!!!

Janjan said...

Holy sh*t!