Friday, November 17, 2006

Slowly I turn, step by step

On Nov. 2, the 20th anniversary of the founding of the Moze-Spouse house, we took the totally corny step of accompanying our Socktoberfest socks to Niagara Falls.
100_1122
(Mine are the Mystery Socks from the Yahoo SAM group. The Spouse's are the long awaited Trek with Me socks. You can't see much of the sock-y goodness with Mr. "Almost ready for Century Village" rockin' the orthopedic arch supports in heavy support shoes)

Yes, Niagara Falls is a hokey choice for an anniversary. Yes, it is also as awesome as everyone here told me it would be. I wasn't prepared for the constant roar which could be heard all the way to our hotel room, not was I prepared for how immense the Horseshoe Falls are. The only way to get most of that fall into one picture is from across the street.
100_1078

The American Falls are much, much smaller.
100_1102

Doing the Falls in winter is much quieter and less crowded, but many of the attractions (like the Maid of the Mist) aren't open. No matter, we like walking. Next time we go, though (and we will be back), we want to do Goat Island and walk right up close to the American Falls.

100_1131
Doesn't the Spouse make a great Cyberman? OK, maybe not so much a Doctor Who Cyberman (his antenna are upside down), but maybe another Torchwood era Cyberman? (OK, OK, so he doesn't have the Madonna framework and the high heels. Better this way, no?)

Coming back over the border was a pain. The US government can really be paranoid, can't they? So what if I have 3 suitcases for 1 week--yarn alone took up nearly a whole suitcase. Sheesh.

As soon as we crossed into the US, the snow began.
100_1161

So we had fall and winter, and when I went to West Palm Beach, summer. (No pictures, though--short emotional visit. Mom's down to 2% kidney function, still won't consider dialysis. Wants me to come for a week next month, but I think the kiddos need their mommy home for Channukah. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.)

Then it was back to NY for a quick trip to a Yom Limud in Westchester featuring The Spouse, Philadelphia for a repair job, and then back home to work and laundry and waiting for the Spouse. And a fabbo box from Stephanie, about which more later, because now that I'm home, you think anyone else will do the Shabbat cooking?

4 comments:

Devorah said...

Your trip sounds wonderful. Happy Annversary and Mazel Tov! The Spouse definitely looks like something out of a sci-fi novel ... maybe a cyborg?

As for cooking, at least your Shabbot meal will be better than mine. Papa Squid is has a late meeting so I am in charge of dinner tonight. Scary, I know.

Shabbat Shalom!

Sarah said...

No, I don't think anyone else with do the Shabbat cooking!

Happy holidays and have a good rest now that you are home.

Lucy said...

Oh, I love the picture of Cyberman!!!

Batya said...

great post
great pictures
and I guess you're a sandwich, too