Tuesday, January 31, 2006

It's an orgy, and you're invited

An orgy of finishing, that is.

Amazing what you can get done when you're trying not to pay attention to the world falling apart around you, nationally and in your own home.

First we have the Dec/Jan Six Socks, knit in the Grignasco Strong I bought at the Weaving Dept. in St. Louis. (My eternal thanks to Charlene for the yarn/bead crawl--it was the most fun I had on that trip.)



Here you can almost see the shadow illusion hearts:



I think it would have worked out better if I had reveresed the colors, but these were for The Spouse, and two months ago I made him a pair of grey socks.

And for myself, I finished Cinxia!

(Forgive the crap-tatstic shot. But do I get an award for being probably the last knit blogger to do a mirror shot?)

I don't know why so many people (including me) had trouble finishing it. It's really very simple, and it looks good on. I just think it's uninspiring to knit. I have also found out how big a difference the designer's involvement makes in a KAL; I don't think that the sole difference between this KAL and, say, Mariah, is the leaders. (At least I'd like to think not.) Never again will I lead a KAL if the designer isn't interested in at least lurking. I understand the realities of freelancers having to work, but if you have the time to design something, don't you have the time to at least be available to answer questions on your design, if not to actively participate? Look at the support Zib gives Ella, or that Jodi Green gives Mariah. Yet I wouldn't expect support for a printed pattern... I don't know...

3 comments:

Katie said...

Naah, it's totally the fault of your knitalong co-leader. And we didn't have a huge turnout. And some people participating were not bloggers, which made them hard to track. And yeah, it was a little uninspiring I guess. I'll finish it eventually.
--Scapeknittergoat

amysue said...

Great color and it looks fine! By the by, I'm thinking of finding a way over to Israel (well, that would be flying, it's more a time/$ thing) to see my cousin and his family. Won't have the kids this trip-and am not certain I'll be able to swing it (but a friend just got $650RT so it's a maybe possible)

soapy said...

Great Socks!! Love the colors!